Calendar of Events:
March 15th – End of 3rd Quarter
March 18th-21st – Scholastic Book Fair
March 21st – No School – Parent Teacher Conferences 1 P.M. – 6 P.M.
March 22nd – No School
April 4th – Madonnapalooza
April 5th – No School – Teacher Inservice
April 11th – 12th – Camp for Middle and High School
April 15th – 22nd – No School – Easter Break
May 9th – 1 P.M. Spring Music Program
May 11th – Plant Sale 9 A.M. – 2 P.M. & Carnival 12 P.M. – 3 P.M.
May 14th – Madonna Golf Classic & Graduation 7 P.M.
May 24th – Last Day of School – Noon Dismissal
Come and support our school by attending our Scholastic Book Fair! You can also shop online now through March 26th. http://www.scholastic.com/bf/madonnaschool
Congratulations to Monica Sobczyk, our high school worker of the month!
Children’s Scholarship Fund Applications:
· Applications for the 2019-20 school year will open on Monday, February 11th and be open until Friday, May 3rd. CSF will be mailing and emailing all our family’s information on this.
· The Archdiocese of Omaha has directed that all school staff and those working with our students, including volunteers, receive Safe Environment Training. In working toward that directive, Home & School would like to encourage you to register for the class and become Safe Environment certified.
Home & School News
· Apr 30 during Movie Night for students
· Attending H&S meetings fulfills 1 hr. per family for service hours. Mark your calendars now!
· The H&S is getting back to our roots with the use of committees instead of event sign-ups. Please come to see what's new, to meet other parents, and to build the Madonna community with us!
· REMINDER: 10 hours of volunteer service is a requirement for families at Madonna. Our Home and School Organization is working to help you meet those hours by providing many opportunities throughout the year. Please remember that this is considered a portion of the tuition and hours not served will be billed to the families at the rate of $20 per hour. Thank you for your help with this.
Upcoming Special Olympics Dates:
· Regional Swim Meet – Saturday, March 23rd @ UNO
· State Basketball meet – Saturday, March 30th in Lincoln
· Regional Track Meet – Sunday, April 28th @ Millard South
· State/Summer Games (Volleyball, Track, Swimming) – Wednesday, May 22nd – Saturday, May 25th