Calendar of Events:
May 9th – 1 P.M. Spring Music Program
May 11th – Carnival 12 P.M. – 3 P.M.
May 13th – Madonna Golf Classic
May 14th – Graduation 7 P.M.
Upcoming Special Olympics Dates:
· Regional Track Meet – Sunday, April 28th @ Millard South
· State/Summer Games (Volleyball, Track, Swimming) – Wednesday, May 22nd – Saturday, May 25th
Good luck to our athletes this weekend!!
Congratulations to Drew Vacek, our high school worker of the month!
Congratulations to Coach V – she has been nominated as a teacher of the year award from the Archdiocese! We are so proud and happy for her in all her successes and years at Madonna!
Students can wear school uniform shorts beginning in May.
Please note, if you student is commencing in May, it is expected they return to school for the remainder of the school year.
Children’s Scholarship Fund Applications:
· Applications for the 2019-20 school year were opened on February 11th and will be open until Friday, May 3rd.
· The Archdiocese of Omaha has directed that all school staff and those working with our students, including volunteers, receive Safe Environment Training. In working toward that directive, we would like to encourage you to register for the class and become Safe Environment certified.
2019 ALLPLAY Miracle Baseball League for Children & Young Adults with Special Needs
· It’s free for players – ages 3- 60+
· Season Begins May 11th – June 29th
· We have some Madonna students involved already and are coached by a Madonna parent on the “Giants” team! You can request to join a specific team.
· Every player bats each inning
· All players are safe on the bases
· Every player scores a run
· Players names are announced by PA
· Teams and players win every game
· Every player gets a uniform
· Treats provided for everyone after games
· Every player gets a trophy at season's end
· Every player can have a "Buddy" - a volunteer or family member to assist the player
· Spring and fall seasons are played each with 6-8 weeks of games
· Bruce Froendt
AllPlay Founder & Exec. Director
Parents Encouraging Parents (PEP) Conference
May 3 – May 4, 2019
Younes Conference Center | 416 W Talmadge Rd. | Kearney, NE
Register at bit.ly/2S9L716 by April 19, 2019
No internet access? Call us at (308) 632-1338
PEP brings together parents of children with disabilities in an accepting and confidential environment. You’ll have the opportunity to share your ideas and feelings, and discuss common concerns. Sessions also include further information on parenting and educating children with disabilities, as well as how to develop and maintain effective partnerships with the professionals who work with your family.
No Registration fee
Registration is first come, first serve
Lodging will be provided Friday, March 15
Continental breakfast provided by the hotel
Lunch provided both days of the conference
Who Should Attend?
All Nebraskan Parents, who are raising a child with an active IFSP/IEP.
Couples: both partners are encouraged to attend the conference together for maximum benefit. Single parents are encouraged to bring a support-person.
A small number of openings are reserved for education professionals who serve children with disabilities and are employed in Nebraska school districts. Professionals will experience PEP from a parent perspective.
May 3 | 8:00 A.M. to 4 P.M.
Building Positive Relationships with Schools
May 4 | 8 A.M. to 3 P.M.
Assistive Technology Partnership
Building Positive Behavior Management Estate Planning
Encouraging and Empowering Our Kids to Self-Advocacy