With the resignation of Jay Dunlap, current Madonna School & CBS President, the organization is accepting resumes/cover letters to fill the position.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter by April 15, 2018 to Dr. Michael Ashton, Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Omaha: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Madonna School and Community-Based Services is seeking a visionary, mission-driven executive with the ability to envision, develop, and guide a strategic plan to bring Madonna into the future. Qualified candidates will have the ability to delegate and manage the operations of a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities while growing and maintaining donor relations and building a strong community presence.
• Lead Madonna and grow its ability to enable children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead fulfilling lives as participating members of the community.
• Develop, plan, and oversee implementation of Madonna’s strategic vision for future growth.
o Ensure that proper resources are in place to accomplish the organization’s vision
o Regularly evaluate staff performance goals as measured against Madonna’s strategic vision
• Lead Madonna’s development strategy.
o Plan and oversee donor acquisition, stewardship and solicitation efforts, fundraising appeals, capital campaigns and planned giving
o Design and oversee a strategy to grow Madonna’s endowment
• Improve community relations to increase awareness of Madonna, its programs and its mission. Create and grow partnerships with community businesses and organizations.
o Develop and maintain communication and relationships with community leaders
o Create and manage strategic community partnerships that enhance Madonna’s mission
• Maintain a productive working relationship with Madonna’s Advisory Board.
o Identify and recruit qualified board members
o Refine and implement the on-boarding process for board members and design and deliver to the board on-going education regarding Madonna’s programs and mission
o Create a viable succession plan for board members who are terming off the board
• Develop and oversee strategies to increase enrollment in Madonna’s programs.
• Supervise day-to-day operations and department heads.
o clearly define responsibilities for department heads in a manner that is consistent with Madonna’s mission and strategic vision
o create measurable goals for department heads and regularly assess results
o empower department heads with the resources to accomplish stated goals
o delegate responsibilities to appropriate staff
o hold department heads accountable for performance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Excellent public speaking and presentation abilities.
• Excellent written communication skills for sharing Madonna’s mission through print and online publications and communication with supporters, prospects and community leaders.
• Ability to manage and oversee an organizational budget that encompasses multiple departments, income and revenue sources.
• Ability to organize and disseminate internal communications across multiple channels to all departments, staff, students, clients, alumni and their families.