Special people meeting special needs for special people.
Madonna is an educational organization in Omaha, Nebraska founded on the Christian principles of the value, worth and dignity of every individual as created by God. Our mission is to serve students and adults with cognitive and developmental disabilities to become as independent as possible.
Madonna comprises four elements: a K-12 school for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, a Life Skills Transition Program for 18-21 year olds, Madonna Employment Services for adults on their way to competitive employment, and Madonna Community-Based Services for adults not ready for employment.
Madonna School encourages optimum performance, develops academic and life skills and establishes self-confidence for cognitively and developmentally disabled students.
The curriculum is based on a functional academic approach, i.e. language arts, math and writing and individualized for each student. The students are also taught practical life skills.
Physical education, speech-language services and art and music therapy further enhance the total program.
Combined, the entire curriculum is provided within a spiritual context, thus enabling the school to deliver a complete education.
- A Nebraska state-approved special education school
- The Only private Catholic special education school in the state of Nebraska
- All teachers are certified in special education
- The maximum number of students in a classroom is 10
- The student/teacher ratio is 5 to 1, with a certified teacher and associate in each classroom
- Students come from all faiths and nationalities, ranging in age from 5 to 21 years